Media Lab Asia
- Media Lab Asia has been promoted by Department of Electronics and Information technology, MCIT, Govt. of India as a not for profit company.
- The objective of the company was set to bring the benefits of ICT to the common man.It
- started with the functional activity areas such as
- WorlD Computer (Affordable, ubiquitous computing and access devices),
- Bits for All (Low Cost, High bandwidth connectivity) and
- Tomorrow’s Tool (Rurally relevant applications).
- However it was later changed to application areas such as ICT for Healthcare, Education, Livelihood and Empowerment of Disabled.
- Since then the company has taken up 75 development projects and some of the projects are now being rolled out at the national level.
- The company has a unique way of growth by working with an expanding network of research laboratories for undertaking development work.
- It started with creating a hub at some of the IITs and the list of such project partners has grown to more than 58.
- The partners are a combination of academic and Research and Development institutions, industry, NGOs and Govt. Agencies.
- The projects can be sponsored by Corporate Bodies, Govt. (Central/State) and Local Municipal Bodies/Panchayats etc.
- After development the technology is taken from lab to land for pilot testing/ large scale deployment through a unique scheme of provider/user membership under PPP model.
- MLAsia is poised for developing relevant and sustainable technologies and culturally appropriate solutions touching daily lives of common people in years to come.
- Bringing the benefits of Information Communication Technology in certain areas such as Healthcare, Education, Livelihood Enhancement and Empowerment of People with Disabilities.
- Media Lab Asia strives to bring the benefit of innovative solutions for socio-economic uplift at the grass root level of the society.
MEDIA LAB ASIA PROJECTS
- 470 RCI/MSJE recognized Institutions connected to Navshikhar benefiting students undergoing special education.)
- National Interactive portal www.punarbhava.in has been implemented for empowerment of the disabled. 470 RCI/MSJE recognized Institutions connected to Navshikhar benefiting students undergoing special education.
- mDhanwantharI The mobile telemedicine van is operated from KVM Hospital Cherthala at 20 locations at Cherthala taluk, kerala for treatment of TB, Diabetes, Pre-natal healthcare. This service can be availed by 4.34 lakhs population of the taluk. The service is operated from KVM Hospital Cherthala.